Wednesday, May 21, 2008

some thoughts I have run across lately

I just thought that I would share some of the really great thoughts that I have run across lately. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

'Now, I have never had the experience of navigating
a very large ship in the time of a storm, but I do have
an SUV with power steering. Isn't it amazing that with
just a few fingers and a thumb, I can maneuver two
tons of vehicle through traffic? Power steering does
not require monumental strength or determination to
completely change the direction your car is going.
Likewise, our efforts to change or correct our course
do not always have to be monumental. Small
adjustments in our thoughts, words, and actions can
produce powerful change in getting us or keeping us
on the course back to our Heavenly Father. Small
and simple steps are the power steering in our life's voyages.
Or, 'by small and simple things are great
things brought to pass" (Alma 37:6)
Kristin Trussel, 2007 BYU Women's Conference

I really like this one. It gives me hope that if i just keep trying and keep making small corrections in my life that my life will turn out alright.

The Choice

I want to put a warning out there to all of my friends. The warning has to do with
a deception that is creating a lot of havoc in the lives of unsuspecting people
everywhere. This deception is the most prevalent and potentially dangerous of any I
know, and a major part of your energy should be dedicated to identifying and
combating it – for if you are deceived by it, your life will predictably become
miserable as a result. The deception of which I speak is the belief that you have
no choice. This is the most damaging part of a victim paradigm. What happens to
you or around you in your life is not nearly as important as what happens within you.
You can’t always control what is happening, but you will always retain what Viktor
Frankl called “the last of human freedoms” – to choose your attitude in ANY given set
of circumstances.

Choose wisely!
As one of my friends once said "you always have the choice to be happy." Even the worst situations can turn out alright if you just have the right attitude. :) I hope you all enjoyed these as much as I did.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Janet! Yea! I googled lebaron blogs and I found you! :o)
You rock!