Saturday, November 13, 2010

Time is a funny thing

Have you ever noticed that time sometimes seems to move at different speeds? I'm sure you all know what  I'm talking about. For instance when sitting in a really boring class time seems to slow down, like it knows you are in agony and it is mocking you. And other times when you have been really busy you will pause and realized that time has seemed to speed up and get away from you. I experienced time speeding up yesterday. My friend Chris invited me over to his house to watch the newest episode of The Office. That was at 3PM. We just kept watching TV after and talking and we were just having a lot of fun together. When we finally looked at the time again it was 9PM. I had spent 6 hours there and it really only felt like 2, maybe 3 at the most! And whenever another month rolls by I realize how long I have been dating Lyil. It is 6 months now! However it only feels like 3-4. I like the fact that when we are having a good time, we are capable of forgetting about the concept of time and just enjoy the moment. I hope that since I have so much to do these next few weeks that time will do it's little speeding up trick so that it doesn't seem like such a long time until I see my family and Lyil again.

My other thought for the day is, This last week or so I have started noticing the little things in life that make me really happy. Like how the other day I was walking home from school and saw people laughing and that made me smile. Or how people will randomly smile at me as I walk to class. Or how even though it was snowing the other day (which I was NOT happy about) as I was driving home from my friend Dana's house I noticed how pretty it looked as it fell underneath the street light. My new goal is to try and find one little thing every day that makes me happy or makes me smile and to share it. I mostly have been posting it as my facebook status. Give it a try! I have noticed that I have been happier this last week and I think it is because I am remembering the small little things that make me happy.

No comments: